About our Cosmetology Program
Cosmetology is both an art and a science fueled by passion and a desire to help others. At Minnesota School of Cosmetology, we are dedicated to helping our cosmetology school students develop a solid foundation and a flair for style through hands-on training in basic and advanced industry techniques.
College students will learn how to cut, color and style hair, give manicures and pedicures, provide spa treatments and perform various makeup and skin care techniques from industry-experienced instructors in a professional salon setting. We keep our cosmetology class sizes small to make sure college students get the individualized instruction they need and attention you deserve. College students will graduate with everything they need to be a versatile artist in an exciting industry, including a cosmetology program diploma from a respected college.
Of course, learning the proper cosmetology skills and latest techniques are at the heart of your education. Here is a sample of the skills college students will acquire:
- Haircutting, styling and design
- Hair coloring, foiling and chemical texturizing
- Corn rows, wraps/bumps, updos and braiding
- Flat ironing and deep conditioning
- Nail structure and growth
- Basic and spa manicures and pedicures
- Nail tips and sculpted nails
- UV gels and nail art
- Fading, texturizing and cutting to enhance facial features
- Three-color applications and advanced color placement
- Runway and special occasion makeup
- Extensions, weaves and era-specific styling methods
At Minnesota School of Cosmetology, we know life can be a balancing act. That is why we offer two convenient scheduling options:
Each Minnesota School of Cosmetology student is required to complete the following number of clinical hours and services exercises in order to graduate.
- Full-time (35 hours per week): Classes M-F 9 AM – 4:30 PM
- Half-time (18.5 hours per week): Classes T, W, TH 6-9:30 p.m. & SAT 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
|Clinical Instruction||Hours||Service Exercises|
|Scalp & Hair Conditioning||80||150|
|Hair Design Shaping||150||75|
|Chemical Hair Control*||200||60|
|Facials & Makeup||200||147|
|Skills Hours||Related Theory and |
|Total Clock |