About our Cosmetology Program
Cosmetology is both an art and a science fueled by passion and a desire to help others. At Minnesota School of Cosmetology, we are dedicated to helping our cosmetology school students develop a solid foundation and a flair for style through hands-on training in basic and advanced industry techniques.
Cosmetology college students will learn how to cut, color and style hair, give manicures and pedicures, provide spa treatments and perform various makeup and skin care techniques from industry-experienced school instructors in a professional salon setting. We keep our cosmetology class sizes small to make sure college students get the individualized instruction they need and attention you deserve. Cosmetology college students will graduate with everything they need to be a versatile artist in an exciting industry, including a cosmetology program diploma from a respected college.
Of course, learning the proper cosmetology skills and latest techniques are at the heart of your education. Here is a sample of the skills Cosmetology college students will acquire:
- Haircutting, styling and design
- Hair coloring, foiling and chemical texturizing
- Corn rows, wraps/bumps, updos and braiding
- Flat ironing and deep conditioning
- Nail structure and growth
- Basic and spa manicures and pedicures
- Nail tips and sculpted nails
- UV gels and nail art
- Fading, texturizing and cutting to enhance facial features
- Three-color applications and advanced color placement
- Runway and special occasion makeup
- Extensions, weaves and era-specific styling methods
At Minnesota School of Cosmetology, we know life can be a balancing act. That is why we offer two convenient scheduling options*:
- Full-time (35 hours per week): Classes M-F 9 AM – 4:30 PM
- Half-time( rotating 16/23 hours per week): Classes Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 5:30 to 9:30 PM , Saturday 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM (every other)
*The above schedule options may not be offered at both Minnesota School of Cosmetology campuses for every class start date.
Each Minnesota School of Cosmetology student is required to complete the following number of clinical hours and services exercises in order to graduate.
|Clinical Instruction||Hours||Service Exercises|
|Scalp & Hair Conditioning||80||150|
|Hair Design Shaping||150||75|
|Chemical Hair Control*||200||60|
|Facials & Makeup||200||147|
|Skills Hours||Related Theory and |
|Total Clock |