Minnesota School of Cosmetology Response to Covid-19
Download MSC’s Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Report HERE.
We intend to reopen operations in a three phase approach:
1. Phase one will consist of our educators and staff returning to prepare for our students and attend COVID-19 Preparedness Plan training.
2. Phase two will consist of our students returning with a required day of COVID-19 Preparedness Plan training.
3. Phase three will consist of clients returning for services, date to be determined. It is critical that we bring our educators, staff, and students back to our campus safely and well-prepared prior to opening our doors to clients.
Please continue to monitor your school email and social media for updates on our reopening.
General Covid-19 Resources
- MN Department of Health: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html
- WI Department of Health Services: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/index.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- MN National Alliance on Mental Illness: https://namimn.org/support/mental-health-support-and-information-on-covid-19/
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/virtual-recovery-resources.pdf
- MN Coalition Against Sexual Assault: https://www.mncasa.org/survivor-resources/victim-survivor-support-during-covid-19/
- MN Outfront: https://www.outfront.org/covid-19-specific-resources
- MN Food HelpLine: http://www.hungersolutions.org/programs/mn-food-helpline/
- HousingLink: https://housinglink.org/HousingResources/covid-19-resources-for-renters
- Milady Disinfectant Certification: https://www.miladytraining.com/courses/infection-control
- Barbicide Covid-19 Certification: https://barbicide.com/certification/
Wella Professionals https://www.wella.com/professional/en-US/home
- JOIN THE #WELLAHAIRUSA FAMILY! Follow us on Instagram @wellahairusa and tag your best creations using #askforwella and @wellahairusa to get the chance to be featured across our digital channels!
- Download the Wella Professionals Education App (iPhone or iPad only) https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wella-professionals-education/id937712338
- Subscribe to their monthly newsletter https://www.wella.com/professional/en-US/subscribe
OPI Service Education courses https://www.opi.com/professionals/opi-service-education
- Navigate OPI Service Education courses including Nail Anatomy, Sanitation, Nail Lacquer, Infinite Shine, GelColor, ProSpa, and Powder Perfection.
Associated Skin Care Professionals https://www.ascpskincare.com/
- Premium Student Access: Free website/online portfolio builder; career toolkits; marketing materials
- Free Weekly Skin Care Webinars (note some webinars offered contain Advanced Practice Techniques) https://www.ascpskincare.com/updates/blog-posts/free-weekly-skin-care-webinars
The International Dermal Institute http://www.dermalinstitute.com/
- Check out the Learning Library: Articles, Blogs, Videos, Webisodes, and Podcasts
Massage Therapy Students:
Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards
- MBLEx Informational Videos: https://www.fsmtb.org/information-for-schools/fsmtb-informational-videos/
- The MBLEx Study Guide is still available. This could be a good time to prepare for the exam and keep your knowledge fresh. Go to www.fsmtb.org/mblex/study-guide/order/.
- The MBLEx Check online practice exam is available through the Regulatory Education and Competence Hub (REACH). Go to https://reach4ce.org/index.