One of the biggest advantages of attending the Minnesota School of Cosmetology is the support you’ll get throughout your cosmetology career. We have a dedicated career services department here to help you with your job search once you graduate and throughout your career. We are committed to our graduates and their dreams.
Our dedication to career assistance begins in our program. It is woven into our curriculum to ensure our students are educated on professionalism, familiar with job search tools and armed with career planning strategies.
And although we cannot guarantee you employment after you graduate, we will do everything we can to help you find it. Some of support provided includes:
- Career placement assistance
- Interaction with employers and other alumni via Career Fairs and salon industry leader guest speakers
- Current hiring opportunities while you are in school such as receptionist and call center
- Career networking advice and guidance
- Mock interview practice
- Resume and Portfolio assistance
- Ongoing alumni support with job leads and current licensing guidance specification
To request a transcript, contact your campus location or click here.
From a massage therapist to a cosmetologist, our programs can open a world of career opportunities for you. Here is a sampling of just a few positions you may be qualified for after graduating:
- Cruise Ship or Resort cosmetologist
- Special event hair/makeup artist
- Esthetician in a day spa, or dermatology office
- Nail Technician
- Eyelash Technician
- Massage therapist in Chiropractic office
- Professional Sports Massage Therapist
- Salon or Spa Manager/Director/Owner
- Platform Artist/Competitor
- Cosmetology School Instructor
- Salon Sales Manager
- Product line expert representative/educator
Some students may also choose to expand their opportunities through continued education in programs like business administration or massage therapy.
Contact Us Today
For more information on a career in cosmetology or how we can help get you there, call us to speak with a representative today.
Are you an employer in the salon health and wellness industry? Minnesota School of Cosmetology can support your business to build your team and refer our graduates. Contact Irene Grossklaus to share your posting of positions available or if you would like to participate in our Career Fair.