I am not a beauty expert, but as the front desk manager at our MSC-Woodbury campus, I have a passion for this industry and am excited to share my suggestions for Top 10 beauty videos on YouTube.
I have be honest. I used to color my own hair and never did my makeup. Then I started working for MSC and it really drew my attention to how I presented myself. I still don’t wear a lot of makeup, but I’ve made it my goal for this next year to learn how to do my own makeup by watching YouTube videos.
I wanted to see what these vlogs were all about. Could these ridiculously popular vloggers really teach me about beauty in the way that enhanced the education that I’ve gotten by watching and learning from our students? You’d be surprised! Most of these vloggers have little to no previous makeup, hair, or beauty experience, but they’re ruling the internet with these videos! Why? Because they are regular people, just like you and me, and they have a passion for this industry.
I set out by searching “beauty blogs” and proceeded to watch dozens and dozens of videos by countless numbers of people. Did you know there are even videos about who to watch? There are, and I watched those too. Then I realized that it’s really up to each individual person and how they relate to who they are watching. Some were crazy annoying. Some covered way more than just beauty tips. There are specific vlogs for whatever you are looking to do. There’s an amazing amount of videos to go through. It was almost overwhelming.
After all that research, I was able to narrow down a list of my ten favorite beauty and lifestyle gurus on YouTube. Check them out and then make your own decision on who you connect with and follow:
- Has 220 videos on literally everything related to makeup, hair, relationships, product reviews, collaboration videos, fashion, beauty & homeware hauls, and life in general
- You can follow her on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, as well as her own
- She’s funny. She’s real. She’s real funny. There’s a reason she’s at the top. If you follow one person from this list – follow Zoe.
- One to watch: Boyfriend Does My Makeup
Carli Bybel aka “The Beauty Bybel”
- Has over 3.3 million subscriber
- Has over 370 videos on everything from makeup, hair, and fashion
- She has a couple of blogs, a couple of Instagram accounts, Facebook, her own website, Google+, and Twitter so you can truly keep up to date with everything she is doing
- One to watch: Makeup Mistakes to Avoid
- Has over 8 million subscribers
- as over 370 videos mostly about makeup but has some very funny and interesting videos about Pet DIYs, room ideas for Unicorns (yes she really did), to real advice, and hair
- Has over 8 million subscribers
- She also has a blog, Google+, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram so you can keep up to date on all of her advice
- One to watch: The Smolder
Whit aka “Naptural85”
- Has over 650,000 subscribers
- Has over 200 videos on everything for natural hair, makeup, storage ideas, hairstyles, product reviews, hair accessories, etc.
- You can also follow her on Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and Facebook
- One to watch: The Perfect Curl Bun
- Has over 9.4 million subscribers
- Has over 420 videos on everything about hair, makeup, fashion, DIY & lifestyle informational videos
- You can also find her on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram as well as another YouTube channel geared just towards her life (it’s gotten that big!)
- One to watch: New Years Eve Makeup
- Probably the most actually well-known YouTube beauty guru in the United States
- Has over 3.1 million subscribers
- Has 206 videos on everything from tutorials for makeup, hair, and products
- Lauren has her own website along with Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- One to watch: Correctional Makeup
Andrea Brooks aka “AndreasChoice”
- Has 3.4 million subscribers
- Andrea’s on Tumblr, Instagram, Google+, Facebook, and Twitter so you can follow her pretty much everywhere
- Has 186 videos on easy DIY, beauty, fashion, and makeup – super cool Halloween makeup and celebrity looks
- One to watch: Lion Hair & Makeup
- Has over 3.2 million followers
- Over 530 videos on everything on how to do makeup, hairstyles, as well as lifestyle videos on cooking and fun.
- She does a lot of “celebrity looks”
- Follow her on Google+, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter – she has some really amazing transformations that she does
- One to watch: Kylie Jenner Transformation
- Over 430 videos of everything from Hauls, to makeup tutorials, to how to bake!
- She’s on Google+, Twitter, and Facebook
- One to watch: Eye Makeup for Glasses Wearers
- Has over 3.8 million subscribers
- Over 430 videos on everything from makeup, hair, fashion, hauls (these are a big thing with the vlogger world!), and she is just a fun person to listen to and watch
- Ingrid is on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, and Twitter
- One to watch: 2 Quick & Easy Hair Braids // Hairstyles for Short Hair + Bobs
I hope that you enjoy looking through these videos as much as I did and stay tuned to a future blog when I describe my experience in trying to follow a makeup tutorial given by one of these gals!
Until next time…