On Tuesday, Oct. 18, Minnesota School of Cosmetology – Plymouth students got into the Halloween
spirit and used makeup to create realistic-looking wounds. These illusions are quick, inexpensive, and a great way to make Halloween a little bit scarier.
Directions to create a gory makeup wound:
1. Use makeup to map out an area of where you want your wound/scar to be.
2. Smooth a layer of liquid latex over the area and let dry until clear.
3. Blend red, yellow, purple, and/or black makeup over latex to create bruising.
4. Create open wounds by opening a section of the latex with scissors or your hands.
5. Add more latex into the “open wound” section.
6. Add Corn Flakes onto the wet latex in the “open wound” to create texture.
7. Add another layer of latex to secure the Corn Flakes and let dry.
8. Add fake blood to complete your wound.