For me and many other women out there the day is a balancing act of work, kids, running a household and much more. It can be exhausting and being on the go hardly allows for time to re-apply a full face of makeup in between it all, but we still want to look fresh and put together while we run from work, to meetings, to pick up the kids, to dinner out with the girls, to running errands.
Here are the top five makeup products to keep in your purse at all times for a quick touch-up so that you can look fabulous all day–no matter how long it is!
- A lipstick or lip gloss is a must for the purse and is your most effective makeup tool. You want a shade that is neutral enough for day wear and goes with everything. Invest the time in finding a shade that is right for you. Finding a lipstick or gloss that looks amazing on you will complete your look and can be reapplied often to pull your look together any time of day.
- Add a concealer to the mix. It’s essential because it covers up blemishes and can help hide the dark circles that might be on display after a wild night out on the town (or a wild night up with a baby who hates sleep). Concealers come in both liquid and cream forms.
- Include a powder in your bag of goodies. There are plenty of pressed and loose powders on the market, but a pressed powder is the most convenient for quick touch-ups at your desk or in the car. It takes only seconds to apply but is necessary when it comes to covering blemishes, sun damage and absorbing oil. Applying pressed powder throughout the day will give you a fresh look continuously.
- Keep a tube of mascara close by at all times; it enhances your lashes and is a great way to draw attention to your peepers. You can also add more coats of mascara for a dramatic, smokey eye evening look.
- A cream blush is mandatory in your bag of makeup must-haves. Cream blushes tend to stay on the cheeks longer than powder blush, don’t require a brush to apply (use your fingertips) and in a pinch can be used to add color to the lips.
Side note: Always keep a tweezers in your purse, too. The natural light that shines in on you while in your car (and the horrendous, unforgiving light in dressing rooms) are the perfect places to spot a random hair growing on your face where it does not belong!
I’m Jilean Harding and about eight years ago I knew I wanted a career change, so I quit my job in sales, went back to school and joined the exciting world of cosmetology as a Licensed Esthetician. I now work full time at the Minnesota School of Cosmetology as a Senior Admissions Representative helping others interested in cosmetology find their passion and start the journey toward a new career. I’m also a wife and mama to three kids, one crazy dog and an adorable kitten. Each month I’ll be sharing some tips and tricks regarding skincare and makeup that I hope will be fun and helpful. Cheers!