From now until Tuesday, Oct. 20, clients who bring in a new or gently used coat to either Minnesota School of Cosmetology location (Woodbury or Plymouth) will receive $10 off their service (download the coupon). Packages are excluded.
Help us collect as many coats as possible!
We asked the MSC-Woodbury front desk manager and organizer of the event, Cori Omundson, why participate in a Coats for Kids drive? She had many awesome reasons:
- Because we live in a state where it is important to make sure that all kids have warm winter wear. The Salvation Army makes sure that the coats that are collected are given to those in need in this area.
- We want to always be able to give back to our community in a number of different ways and this was something that hits close to home for us.
- It’s easy to do and get set up with the Salvation Army – they send promotional info to help promote it and will come collect the coats after we’ve collected a bunch.
- We were able to offer a discount to our clients who donate which also helps our students gain more experience through working on more clients.
- And lastly, because it helps teach our students to give back to their communities and make a difference. It helps give them a more well-rounded education!
“From the top down, it’s been instilled in all of us that we just continue to give back any way we can,” explained Jill Hocking (pictured on the left, with front desk manager, Cori Omundson), campus director at MSC-Woodbury. In a single day, MSC-Woodbury collected as many as 35 coats!
Learn more about how to support the program, or receive help.