Staying hydrated is important for optimal health for your entire body including your hair and skin.
The average adult human body is about 60 percent water. Skin alone contains 63 percent water. Water is required for our cells to transport nutrients and minerals throughout our bodies.
When you don’t drink enough water, you become dehydrated. Dehydration prevents your body from eliminating toxins through your skin, which in turn makes your skin more susceptible to skin problems and disorders, such as dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, discoloration, and even premature wrinkling. Assuming these issues were caused by dehydration, they can be improved over time with proper hydration, according to WebMD.
According to Dr. Julian Seifter, a kidney specialist and associate professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School, healthy people should get 30 to 50 ounces of water per day (about 1 to 1.5 liters), but not all at once.
Tips to stay hydrated:
- Drink a lot of water (30-50 ounces per day)
- Eat water dense foods such as fruit
- Drink coconut water to replace lost electrolytes when you sweat
- Stay away from salt
Recommended Products to Hydrate Hair & Skin:
- Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream, conditions, hydrates and tames frizzy hair. This leave-in, moisture-rich styling cream creates a soft, natural feel.
- Dermalogica’s Skin Hydrating Booster, helps lift moisture levels for parched skin and minimizes fine lines just add a pea size amount to your moisturizer.
“My favorite in the summer is the Dermalogica’s Ultra Calming Mist. Spray a mist on a hot summer day to feel instantly refreshed,” said Minnesota School of Cosmetology’s Campus Director, Jill Hocking. “I would also recommend the Skin Hydrating Masque, a refreshing, moisturizing masque to remedy dry stressed skin. Acid traps moisture to deliver time-released hydration for lasting suppleness.”
Take advantage of our Hydration Package for only $25. Valid until Friday, June 30, 2017.