Minnesota School of Cosmetology offers a number of scholarships to help defray the cost of your education, so you can stay focused on what matters most — your art. To help determine if you qualify for any of the opportunities listed below, please contact our financial aid representatives at 1.877.541.8777.
Scholarships Offered by Minnesota School of Cosmetology
It is our goal to make cosmetology tuition affordable for every committed student. Our school offers the following scholarships to help make that happen:
- Director’s Academic Scholarship (graduating high school seniors): Applicants may receive up to $1000 towards tuition. If you wish to qualify for this scholarship, submit a creative YouTube video that answers the following question:
What are your career ambitions and how will they allow you to perpetuate the beauty and wellness industry?
*Please see page 13 of the course catalog for submission details.
- Access to Cosmetology Education Grant (new students in the Cosmetology Program): In partnership with American Association of Cosmetology Schools (AACS), the Access to Cosmetology Education (ACE) grant is designed to assist highly motivated and qualified individuals beginning their cosmetology
educational journey. Recipients will receive $500 paid to Minnesota School of Cosmetology for tuition.
- BEC Matching Scholarship: This doubles the value of certain scholarships awarded by businesses, civic organizations and other organizations, up to $1,000 per year.
- Professional Certification Scholarship (MSC graduates): This scholarship helps cover the cost of a cosmetology license for Minnesota School of Cosmetology graduates who fulfill certain requirements.
High School Advantage Scholarship
Minnesota School of Cosmetology is proud to have a partnership with college level Cosmetology programs offered through several Twin Cities school programs. Minnesota Board of Cosmetology approved high school program students are eligible for transfer of hours or high school advantage scholarship consideration. Students attending a non-Minnesota Board of Cosmetology approved high school program are eligible for high school advantage scholarship consideration, only.
Minnesota School of Cosmetology has two scholarships available for students who have successfully completed more than 100 hours of training through these partner institutions. Eligible students will receive a Monetary Scholarship.
Monetary Scholarship: Students who have completed 100-250 hours are eligible for $2,000 toward tuition. Students who have completed 251-plus hours are eligible for $3,000 toward tuition.
- Award amounts are designated for cosmetology tuition only and will be divided into two increments.
- All funds are paid directly to the college.
- Students must maintain at last a half-time schedule and must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress throughout the program or the award is forfeited.
- Awards are discontinued if attendance is discontinued.