Minnesota School of Cosmetology offers a number of scholarships to help defray the cost of your education, so you can stay focused on what matters most — your art. To help determine if you qualify for any of the opportunities listed below, please contact our financial aid representatives at 1.877.541.8777.
Scholarships Offered by MSC
It is our goal to make cosmetology tuition affordable for every committed student. Our school offers the following scholarships to help make that happen:
- President’s Scholarship (graduating high school seniors): If you are a high school senior with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher, you may qualify for this scholarship. It awards eligible students $500 if they apply before January 1 and $250 if they apply before March 31.
- Director’s Academic Scholarship (graduating high school seniors): If you wish to qualify for this scholarship, take Wonderlic SLE. Depending on your score, you may receive an award of up to $800.
- GEN Matching Scholarship: This doubles the value of certain scholarships awarded by businesses, civic organizations and other organizations, up to $1,000 per year.
- Professional Certification Scholarship (MSC graduates): This scholarship helps cover the cost of a cosmetology license for Minnesota School of Cosmetology graduates who fulfill certain requirements.
- Business Alliance Scholarship: Employees of MSC Business Alliance Partners who fulfill certain requirements are eligible for 10-percent off their tuition, up to a maximum of $1,860.
High School Advantage Scholarship
Minnesota School of Cosmetology is proud to have a partnership with college-level Cosmetology programs offered through several Twin Cities school programs, including the 916 program (through Century College), Wright Tech Program (through Wright Technical College), STEP (through Anoka Technical College) and Carver Scott Educational Co-Op.
Minnesota School of Cosmetology has two scholarships available for students who have successfully completed more than 100 hours of training through these institutions. Training must have been completed no longer than one year from beginning classes at Minnesota School of Cosmetology.
Students may choose from one of the two options available:
- Transfer Scholarship: Students may transfer up to a maximum of 300 hours. Please also see our Transfer of Hours policy on page 8 of the MSC catalog.
- Monetary Scholarship: Students who have completed 100-250 hours are eligible for $2,000 toward tuition. Students who have completed 251-plus hours are eligible for $3,000 toward tuition.
- Award amounts are designated for cosmetology tuition only and will be divided into two increments.
- All funds are paid directly to the college.
- Students must maintain at last a half-time schedule and must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress throughout the program or the award is forfeited.
- Awards are discontinued if attendance is discontinued.