With prom season coming up, it’s time to start planning your perfect hairstyle and makeup look! Prom is all about creative updos, hair accessories and glamorous eye makeup.
Here are some of the most current trends:
1. Braids/twists in updos are by far the biggest trend for prom. Creative braids can be incorporated into an updo or twisted into a crown. To wear your braid down, opt for a fishtail braid or braid in a colored ribbon for a unique twist!
2. Sleek hair always looks polished and glamorous. Try a sleek bump with straight hair or a slicked back super-polished pony.
3. Loose updos are effortless and stylish. Loose buns, pinned curls, and knotted updos will look modern but romantic.
4. Wavy hair left down will highlight a low-back or backless dress. Beachy waves are a classic look or try side-swept curls for a more dramatic look.
5. Hair accessories are the perfect way to add style and personality to your overall look. Add jewels in a loose updo or add sparkly pins to a sleek, pin-straight style.
6. Makeup is all about the eyes! Highlight your eyes this prom season by playing up your eye makeup and toning down your other features. For a dramatic look, choose a winged eyeliner. For a unique look, opt for a pastel winged eyeliner. If you want to look super glam, metallics are the way to go. For a fresh, bright-eyed effect, go for a peachy eyeshadow and white eyeliner.
Remember that your hair and makeup should reflect your personal style, but keep in mind your face shape and hair type. Also, think about your dress and accessories, and what hair and makeup will best complete your overall look. Then you’ll be ready to dance the night away!
Students at the Minnesota School of Cosmetology would love to help you look perfect for your prom! Call today and schedule your appointment.