With prom season on its way you may be faced with the crucial task of choosing a prom hairstyle. Gone are the days of tightly pinned up do’s with a nest of curls neatly fashioned upon the top of your head. Gone are the days of spraying your neatly coiffed up do so that it’s hard as cement. Whether you’re prom prepping or just pondering pretty hair, look no further. The students at Minnesota School of Cosmetology are creating trendy beautiful styles fit for any princess. Here’s a list of what our current students state are the most current styles.
- Braids are the biggest trend in 2013 for prom. Creative braids are hip and full of texture. They can be side swept or incorporated into part of a different style.
- Messy up do’s are stylish, stunning and effortless. The have the feel of being uncomplicated and modest but maintain the look of being sweet and romantic.
- Wavy curls left down may seem casual, but in reality this is a classic and elegant look, especially when paired with your stunning dress.
- Half up half down hair gives a flirty impression. Adding height in the crown with wavy curls falling gives this look a modern feel. This is a great look for dresses that have open or intricate backs.
- Side swept hair is the ultimate in romantic looks. The hair can be in messy braids, soft curls, or pinned into a side bun.
Keep in mind that your style should reflect your own personal flair as well as your face shape and profile. You’ll also want to consider your dress, accessories, and make-up theme for the night. After these details have been accomplished, go ahead and have fun with these chic and trendy styles.
By: Tiffany Morvari, MSC Instructor