Summer is a great time to introduce your hair to new products. Every season has unique climate changes and these changes affect how your hair looks and feels. You should be in control of your tresses, and the right products can give you the control you need.
“Cocktailing” products is a way to reach many goals in an efficient manner. You get to play “mixologist” with all of your potions until you create the perfect blends. To start this business of cocktailing, first take an inventory of the hair products you currently own. The final count is probably embarrassingly high. Don’t worry; you’ll soon put them all to good use! The cocktails you come up with will be your personal signature blends. You purchased them all for different reasons but may not have thought you should be using more than one at a time. In reality no one hair product will make all your hair dreams come true.
Following are some effective custom hair cocktails:
- Gel + Straightening Lotion = Straight hair with light hold
- Shine Serum + Styling Cream = Soft hair with extra shine
- Curl-Enhancing Cream + Anti-Frizz Serum = Smooth spirals with extra frizz protection
- Strengthening Serum + Lightweight Hair Dress = Natural frizz-free look with movement
- Volumizing Mousse + Shine Serum = Soft waves with lots of frizz-free body
- Leave-In Conditioner + Styling Wax = Beachy waves
So go ahead and try a new summer cocktail. Just as with any good mixologist, the key is finding which particular products you need to mix to have fabulous hair.
By: Tiffany Morvari, Minnesota School of Cosmetology Instructor