It’s Nov. 1, and you won the prize “Best Costume” as a sexy zombie at the hottest Halloween party last night! Your makeup was on point with piles of paint, fake blood and the longest and lushest falsies at the party! Since a lot of costume makeup is formulated differently than everyday cosmetics, your skin is likely going to need a detox. Your poor pores!
Here are some tips for your skin when it comes to Halloween.
- Again, don’t forget to use a moisturizer. You had a million products on your face and you did a deep clean to remove it. Time to give your skin a hydrating drink!
- Get every last drop of makeup off your face once the night is over. No going to sleep with those false lashes either! Use a cold cream or oil-based formula first, rinse and repeat until every trace is gone. Then wash your face with your usual face wash and end with a light-weight moisturizer.
- Don’t have a facial or exfoliate your skin the morning of Halloween or the day before. You don’t want your fresh, open pores to get clogged with face paint.
- Exfoliate your skin the next day. You may also want to do a purifying clay mask to avoid breakouts.
- Makeup, cleansers and adult beverages are dehydrating so be sure to drink plenty of water to flush away toxins and battle inflammation.
- Give your face a break from makeup the day after Halloween. It needs time to breathe after all of that fun!